Our managed accounts service takes care of everything
If you get or are planning to get money paid directly to you to control your own care, we can help you manage it all. Whether you choose to recruit your own personal care assistants or pay others for your care, our service will help you to:
- Set up a dedicated bank account in your name
- Receive all the funding you’re entitled to in one place
- Pay your personal care assistant’s wages, care agency fees and/or any other bills approved as part of your support plan
- Pay all your taxes to HMRC
- Keep a record of all income received and payments made
- Check all income and expenditure against your care plan
- Provide information for local authority health audit and inspection checks
- Get queries answered through a dedicated phone line (local rate charge applies)
The service is completely flexible and can be easily adapted to meet your individual circumstances
Can I have a managed account?
If you already have a direct payment or personal health budget or are thinking about changing to direct payments and you are unable to manage the administration of your finances, then you may be able to receive the service.
Your first step should be talking to your social worker about whether you would be eligible for this service. There is a charge for the service, but most local authorities will cover this cost as part of the direct payment amount given to you.
If you pay for your care and support privately, you can use a managed account to help you manage all of the payments and keep track of the costs.
What about my client contribution?
If you have been assessed as paying a contribution towards your care costs, then this must be paid into your managed account monthly. We will help you to set up a direct debit to ensure this is paid into your managed account. We will record this as income and show it on your monthly statement.
Can you act on my behalf as an appointee?
Yes, if that’s what you want. We have been approved as a corporate appointee by the Department for Work and Pensions. This means we are recognised as an organisation that has the ability and experience to manage the welfare benefit responsibilities of any individual without capacity to do so themselves.
Our experience of providing money management services for individuals in receipt of care funding means we are expertly placed to provide independent support to individuals who require assistance to manage their own finances if no suitable friends or family members can be found.
This service is a cost-effective way of ensuring there are no conflicts of interest, for example support providers being corporate appointees for people they also care for. Benefits of this service include:
- Empowers vulnerable people
- Maintains and protects client benefits and pensions
- Improves health and wellbeing
- Promotes independence and financial stability
- Client benefits and pensions are safeguarded
- Personalised service delivered by local team of advisers
- Reduces social isolation
Get in touch
This form will be automatically sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Find out more about recruiting someone to help you