Personal care assistants provide vital support to thousands of people.
They make a difference every day of the week by helping other people live their lives and remain independent in the homes they love.
Duties range from providing personal care to helping people get to their appointments. But one thing is common across everyone who works as a personal care assistant – they care passionately about helping people.
Recruiting a personal care assistant
If you receive a direct payment and/or personal health budget, you may wish to consider employing your own personal care assistant.
If you choose to employ a personal care assistant, you will become an employer. We can help you with all the logistics, so you don’t have to worry.
Our advisers will cut through the jargon and bureaucracy and support you to:
- Budget for all costs related to employing a personal assistant
- Create a job description, person specification and job advertisement.
- Obtain your employer’s liability insurance.
- Access important HR advice.
- Access our online portal and online recruitment software, streamlining the process and improving the journey for you and your applicants.
- Make sure you ask the right interview questions
- Interview candidates and offer roles
- Obtain DBS checks.
- Set up a payroll and HMRC account
Our approach to recruitment helps you focus on the values and competencies of potential personal care assistants. This gives you peace of mind that you are selecting a person who is suitable to help you with day-to-day tasks agreed as part of your support plan.
Our online portal is linked to an online recruitment tool which ensures the administrative tasks of recruiting a personal assistant are as streamlined as possible. This tool offers:
- Real time updates on recruitment process
- Targeting of potential applicants by geographical area on internet job boards
- Asking of pre-screening questions, such as whether applicant has experience
- Agreed automated responses to applicants at each stage of the process
- A constant pool of applicants who are alerted each time a new vacancy is placed
- Having employment offer, reference checks and DBS clearance all sent and monitored in one place, with timetable of key dates
Once you have chosen one or more personal assistants, advisers can support you to become a good employer. We offer a toolkit of resources including training for personal care assistants, how to supervise your staff, a good employer manual and where to turn to if you encounter any difficulties. This can include HR advice via your Employer’s Liability Insurance provider.
We can also link you to our PeoplePlus Payroll Service to help you meet all your legal obligations as an employer.
Become a personal care assistant
We’re working with thousands of people across England and Wales who want to maintain their independence. We’re on the lookout for people to help support them.
Experience isn’t necessary and there are a range of working hours available to suit you.
To find out more, register on our portal or fill out the form below
Get in touch
This form will be automatically sent to email@example.com
Find out more about our other independent living services