I now see what I’m doing as something really worthwhile.Amanda Wheeler, self-employed English teacher
Amanda wasn’t feeling great about her chances when she arrived to our Brighton branch referred on the Work Programme. But with the right support and guidance, Amanda now feels fulfilment and excitement about being self-employed.
Watch her story >
Once you’ve been referred to one of our Enterprise Advisors, we conduct a diagnostic check to recommend the best course of action for you.
As a prime contractor for the Work Programme in the North East, North and West Yorkshire, North West, West and East Midlands, and Thames Valley, we can help you see the dream of running your own business come true with our Business Start-Up Programme.
Whether you need the intensive support of the 13-week programme or you’re ready to go with a little bit of mentoring, we will get you set up according to your needs.
Our Enterprise Advisors are passionate entrepreneurs who know what it takes to get a business off the ground and make it a success. They now dedicate their careers to helping others do the same.
- Intensive - This is a 13-week programme designed to give you all the support you need to become self-employed and get your business off the ground
- Intermediate – This is an eight-week programme where you will be able to delve deeper into the practicalities of starting your own business
- Basic - This is a six-week practical programme providing you with short, focused support to set up your business – perfect if you already have some business knowledge or a little bit of experience running a business
Once you’ve completed your course on the Business Start-up Programme, you have access to a two year mentoring package, where you’ll get on-going support, regular reviews and access to local networking events to help you grow your business.
- Financial forecasting and cash flow
- Market research
- Sales and pricing
- Tax and VAT
- Accessing finance and in work benefits
- Marketing workshops
- Online training and social media
- Health and safety
- Equality and diversity
- Negotiation skills
- Confidence and motivational building